Before I’m legally obligated to change the name of my website to “Livid Mass Effect”, I’m going to post about something else for a change: blogger tags. And this 8,000+ word question-answering chaos needs some semi-serious explanation so… ahem.
Back on July 4th 2019, one of my dear blogger buddies jokingly (I’m assuming) challenged me to answer 121 questions. Yes, smart guy Aether tagged me 11 times in his Sunshine Blogger Award 3.0 post. Well… challenge accepted and surpassed, I’m afraid. A Lightning always pays her debts.
Unfortunately for Aether, I happen to have a HUGE backlog of these tags (plus a backup of some from my old website). Being the weird person that I am, I decided to combine them all and here we are with 203 questions answered in a single article. My life history in blogger tag answers… Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Only Aether is required to actually read all of this so feel free to click far away from here if you’re not him. Duplicate questions with different answers, poor formatting, miscounts, and many spelling errors are highly possible. Livid Lightning accepts no responsibility for this, or anything. Read at your own risk.
I would like to thank the following awesome bloggers for tagging me in stuff and making all of this insanity possible. You rock and I’m truly sorry for dragging y’all into this!
- The Shameful Narcissist
- Cupcakes and Machetes
- Luna of GamersUnitedGG
- Blogging For Dopamine
- the Well-Read Mage
- Fistful of Glitter
- Red Metal of Extra Life Reviews
- Games With Coffee
- OverThinker Y
- That Green Dude
- The Gaming Diaries
- Nerd Speaker
- Nana Marfo
- Kelly of Why We Play Games
- Matt of Normal Happenings
- Adventure Rules
And to anyone else who has ever tagged me in anything I’ve forgotten about and/or missed.
Special thanks to Fed for coming up with the post title.
Thanks to Particlebit, way back in 2016-ish!
1) Favourite video game console? – Nintendo 64. 5-year-old me started gaming on the SNES, but the N64 is responsible for getting me hooked on gaming. Diddy Kong Racing was the first 3D game I ever played. Banjo-Kazooie and The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time still top my list of all time favourite games.
2) Favourite game on LEAST favorite console? – Grand Theft Auto V on my Xbox 360. Now I’d like to say I love all my consoles equally, but I just don’t have enough time to pay attention to them all. My poor little Xbox 360 is my biggest dust collector, unfortunately. The last game I fully enjoyed playing on it was GTA V. I’ll always remember the twisted tales of Trevor, Michael, and Franklin.
3) What was the last movie you saw in theaters? – I DO NOT go to the movies much. In my experience, sitting with a crowd of strangers tends to ruin the whole movie thing. I don’t even watch movies much at home, to be honest, but I digress. The last one I saw in theaters was Rogue One: A Star Wars Story with my boss on a work trip several years ago.
4) Who is your favourite Pokemon? – Charmander. He’s simply adorable, and he eventually evolves into the badass Charizard. I’ve spent many hours playing Pokemon Red and Blue on the Game Boy. I stopped following the series after the first 250-ish (Pokemon Gold and Silver).
5) Why did you start blogging? – I guess it’s because I enjoy writing. I find it quite relaxing blogging about my random thoughts on my favourite hobby. It has also helped me find more blogs out there from people with similar interests.
6) How long have you been blogging? – On WordPress, since Sept. 2015. The teenage me had a little random user blog on a well known gaming site many moons ago.
7) How big is your gaming backlog at the moment? – Lost count and don’t care anymore. I play what I want when I want these days.
8) What are you doing when aren’t playing a game or working? – Believe it or not, I really enjoy exercising. I walk a lot, lift weights, and spend time reading on my elliptical that I have in my apartment.
9) What is one interesting, unique fact about yourself most people don’t know? – I have a birthmark that’s shaped like Nova Scotia (the Canadian province I live in) on my upper right leg.
10) Eat pizza with your hands or with a fork? – Hands. A fork just slows things down.
The Entertaining Blogger Award
Thanks to The Shameful Narcissist, way back in 2016-ish!
11) What is your favourite book? – Currently, The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy. Got me right in the outcast woman, and demiromantic asexual feelz!
12) What to you dislike the most? – One thing that gets on my nerves is the never-ending “System Wars”debates raging across many gaming sites. It’s so sad reading the hate fueled comments some people spin, just because they think they’ve chosen the superior game console. Who cares if you’re blindly loyal to Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft? Definitely not me. I wish people would just play what they enjoy, and respect other people’s choices.
13) What is your favourite food item at the mall? – Poutine. A food item that makes me proud to be Canadian.
14) What is your favourite past time activity? – Playing video games! But I have to admit, trying to being social in reality is taking more of a priority in my life lately.
Liebster Award 2.0
Thanks to Cupcakes and Machetes, way back in 2017-ish!
15) Do you consider yourself an artist in any way when it comes to music, art, crafts, or hobbies? – Nope! I actually have no marketable skills AT ALL, and a very limited edu-ma-cation. I’m surprised and grateful I have a job, honestly.
16) What’s your favorite type of music or your favorite band? – I enjoy any music that has a soul and inspires me, no matter the type (i.e., anything that’s not about slammin’ all yo bitches in da clubz, how stupid crunk y’all wanna get, or how much better bling-bling yas ownz, and like yo yo… yos. Sup, dawgz????). Excuse me. Anyway, it’s really hard for me to pick any favs, though I’ve been listening to electronic music a lot lately. I like how it reminds me of video game themes, and the more obscure the artist, the more I usually like it.
17) What’s your favorite thing to do? – Pretending that everything is going to be okay! Everything. Will. Be. Okay… Right? Right?? Namaste.
18) Tell us something interesting about yourself. – I was born on my birthday.
19) Does blogging ever stress you out? – Not exactly. I don’t get stressed per se. It’s more like a nagging “why the fuck am I doing this and what is the meaning of existence??” kinda dark feeling that creeps up on me a lot. Workin’ on it!
20) Do you like to cook? – Does boiling water count? If so, then still no.
21) What’s your favorite reading genre? – Dystopian fantasy with as little sexy time scenes as possible.
22) Are you on Goodreads? – I sure am. Feel free to friend me.
23) Do you like where you live? – Yep, for now. Halifax, NS is a beautiful city but I don’t think I can grow here…
24) What kinds of foods do you like to eat? – Boring healthy things usually.
25) What’s your favorite season? – Fall. Even though that cranky bastard winter is lurking around the corner, autumn is so cool and refreshing. The hot sticky summer days are done, and all the trees around here turn nice colours.
The Unique Blogger Award
Thanks to Luna of GamersUnitedGG, way back in 2017!
26) What are your favourite topics to blog about? – Video games (and blogger tags, apparently). I seriously need to come up with some new material…
27) Name a guilty pleasure of yours? – Going on random rampages in Grand Theft Auto games. They are oddly therapeutic, but for the record I wonder never, ever, ever, even consider doing that IRL. I know the difference between reality and video games.
28) If you were a Billionaire, what was your claim to fame? – Becoming the #1 Best Selling author of ALL-TIME… all-time. (I couldn’t type that without laughing hysterically).
The Liebster Award 3.0
Thanks to Blogging For Dopamine, way back in 2017!
29) What is your favourite period in history (the one you find most interesting)? – Tough one! I’m going to have to go with Ancient Egyptian. The pyramids, sand, and mummification stuff always makes me question the nature of existence.
30) If you could be a fictional character for a day, who would you be and why? – Why, Princess Peach of course!! I’d love to get kidnapped a lot, and then do nothing but bake cakes for my manly plumber man after he bravely saves me… 🙃
31) What is your favourite TV show at the moment? – BoJack Horseman on Netflix. It’s dark humour is SO comforting. Plus I love Todd Chavez! The only asexual character I’ve seen in visual media.
32) What is the best book you’ve read in 2017? (Or at least one of the best, I know it can be hard to choose.) – The Hunger Games trilogy. Overlooking stupid love triangles, it was freaking fantastic! Let’s see, it’s set in a dangerous world with a cruel government. The main character is a strong-willed female introvert who would do anything to save her little sister, and ends up becoming something like “the savior” to everyone. Hm… I can’t quite figure out why, but it sounds very familiar!
33) Do you have a favourite toy, from childhood or now? – Lego was my favourite thing ever growing up! Around the same scary time when little me picked up a video game controller for the first time, she was also introduced to Lego blocks. My first set was a badass pirate ship that I fell in love with.
34) Who are some of your favourite villains?
- Bowser – I admire his tenacity and he’s such an awesome dad! I highly recommend you check out an expert therapist’s professional diagnosis of the big fella.
- Caius Ballad – Can’t really say anything without ruining Final Fantasy XIII-2…
- Sephiroth – Oh the Great General is so misunderstood! Some great blogger, who is not really narcissistic at all, has quite possibly corrupted me…
- Definitely NOT The Imprisoned from The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. If I see that thing one more time, in ANY game, I’m gonna lose it!
35) Which superpower would you choose to have, if you could? – I’m not picky. Anything electricity related will do, but specifically Cole MacGrath’s Lightning Storm power from inFamous.
36) What is your favourite snack? – Ice cream. It’s so comforting!
37) If you had to choose, would you rather become a vampire or a werewolf? – Werewolf. Sure immortality is nice, but vampires seem so distant and barren to me. Werewolves seem more wild and free, and consumed by emotion. Ugh! This question just reminded me of the Twilight Saga…
38) Pirates or ninjas? – All I have to say to that is YARR!!
39) Share a quote you really like!
“Thought unseen, that gift – it lies within us all. It is a constant turmoil of light and darkness, strength and frailty, beauty and unsightliness.
That gift is our spirit. It gives us the strength we need to persevere in hardships. But at times, it is nothing but a curse, straying beyond our control… causing us pain and sorrow.
Even so, it is something far too precious to lose. It is what allows me to hold hope for the future. In a world consumed by chaos, in a world where spirits are fading. I ask myself: have I the strength to embrace my gift?” – Lightning Farron
The Entertaining Blogger Award 2.0
Thanks to the Well-Read Mage, way back in 2016!
40) What do you hope to gain from blogging? – Honestly, just peace of mind…. and riches beyond my wildest dreams!! Ahem.
41) What genre of film entertains you most? – Action-Adventure films. Especially if they have dark/sarcastic humor elements.
42) Do you consider yourself a writer, and what inspires you to write? – I consider myself a wannabe writer. The mood to write things usually strikes randomly when I need something to distract me from myself.
43) What is your biggest pet peeve? Narrow mindedness. It’s okay to have your own opinions. I just wish people would be more tolerant of opposing views. I am SO intolerant of intolerance.
44) Why did you choose your particular WordPress username? – I like Lightning Farron a lot and my name is Ellen, thus LightningEllen was born.
Liebster Award 4.0
Thanks to Fistful of Glitter, way back in 2018!
45) What’s your favourite thing to write about? – Video games, Lightning Farron, and life stuff.
46) What’s your favourite media to experience? (Book, video games, movies ect.) – Video games! Nothing else compares to living out the life of a character in a video game.
47) If you had to live in a fictional world, which fictional world would it be? – The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time’s version of Hyrule. As long as I get the Triforce before Ganondorf does. Don’t worry… I wouldn’t take over the realm or anything… honest.
48) Who is your all-time favourite character? Why? – Lightning Farron from the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy. See my post Lightning Will Not Leave Me for reasons.
49) What is your favourite meal? – Pizza. Mmmm, pizza.
50) What is your favourite comedy show or sketch? – Same as my answer to question #31: BoJack Horseman.
51) What is your name? – My name is Ellen. Nice to meet you.
52) What is your favourite colour? – Badass blue, baby.
53) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? – 11 meters per second. I Googled it.
Mystery Blogger Award
54) What is your favorite sugary breakfast cereal and why? – I’m old, boring, and healthy these days. Every morning for breakfast I eat plain oatmeal mixed with unsweetened wild blueberries, soaked almonds, and chia seeds. Yawn, I know. It’s a great start to the day though! When I ate sugary breakfast cereals, Froot Loops where my favourite. I blame Toucan Sam, the colourful mascot. That’s right heartless companies! All it takes is a cool mascot to get me to buy your products.
55) Blue pill or red pill? In other words, would you want to be pulled out of the matrix to live a dirty cave in the middle of a radioactive wasteland having shitty raves, eating nothing but cave moss and bugs for life, and getting murdered by robots or would you rather stay in there and eat the tasty digital steak? – I’ll take the blissfully unaware digital steak option, please.
56) Who is your favorite superhero(ine) and why? – Wolverine! He’s Canadian and he’s a badass. I love the claws too. I would definitely want those. Oh and the ability to heal oneself is also cool!
57) What is your favorite video game specifically from your childhood and why? – It’s so hard to choose. Banjo-Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing, Kirby’s Dream Course, Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past, and Donkey Kong Country all have a special place in my heart for various childhood nostalgia reasons I won’t go into.
58) Would you like to live forever and why or why not? – No. No, I do not. I wanna do my time in this messed up world, and then get the hell away from it. Maybe I’ll be rich and famous in the next life??
Mystery Blogger Award 2.0
Thanks to Red Metal over at Extra Life Reviews, way back in 2018-ish!
59) Which game proved to be the biggest disappointment for you? – I keep feeling awful and I keep saying The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild has disappointed me. Don’t like stealth-weapons-breaking-no-direction Hyrule a whole lot, sorry.
60) Which game proved to be the most pleasant surprise for you? – Hellblade Senua’s Sacrifice was a huge surprise. I wouldn’t say a pleasant surprise per se, but it was an experience I’ll never forget, and one I totally wasn’t expecting!
61) What is the most memorable scene from a film you’ve watched? – Jeez… I don’t watch many movies so I’ll have to think about it. Um…. Since I can’t think of any right now, I guess none of the movie scenes I’ve seen are memorable. 🙂
62) If you could go back in time and see any band that has permanently broken up perform a concert, which one would you choose? – I know even less about popular bands and stuff than I do about movie scenes. Honestly, most of my free time is spent playing video games and reading blogs. Hm. A Google search of “famous band break ups” leads me to say Black Sabbath, the pioneers of metal 🤘
The Unique Blogger Award 2.0
Thanks to Games With Coffee, way back in 2018-ish!
63) What qualities or characteristics in a villain from your favourite game or series do you admire and why? – I love Bowser from the Mario series. Always have and always will. I admire the big guy’s tenacity, sarcasm, and fatherly qualities. No matter how many times he fails at life, or how delusional his goals are, he never gives up. Bowser has taught me to keep trying no matter what.
64) If you could choose any character from any video game to become for a day, who would you choose and what (with their special abilities or powers) would you do in that timeframe? – Well, I think anyone reading this knows my answer to this question. If not, take a wild, random, shot-in-the-dark guess. It’s not shocking at all… or maybe it is. 😛 I’ll stop now. If I were Lightning for a day, I’d probably punch all the world’s tyrants and then go chill on a beach somewhere (because I totally would’ve earned it).
65) In your mind, what constitutes a Mature, Distinguished Gamer? – One who can respect other opinions that differ from their own, and is all-inclusive of every type of gamer out there. The “best games ever” aren’t always the best games for everyone. And the “worst games ever” might even be special to some people. Basically, someone who just plays what they love and who doesn’t add to all the internet whining.
The Unique Blogger Award 3.0
Thanks to OverThinker Y, way back in 2018!
66) Who is your LEAST favourite game character of all time? This can be someone you love to hate, or someone you just think genuinely sucks. – Hm. Tough one. It takes a lot for me to dislike a character. If I had to pick, I’d have to say Metroid: Other M’s version of Samus Aran. They took one of my strong, silent, independent, and generally badass sheroes and turned her into a whiny little follower. Ugh. I never got far in that game, but I do plan to give it a shot again someday.
67) You wake up and find yourself in a game. Which genre of game world could you thrive in, and which would not be a good fit at all? – I think I’d thrive in a walking simulator where the goal is to walk along a beach, or something (yes, I need a vacation). If I ever wake up in a RTS, just show me to life’s Game Over screen.
68) Pick your favourite track from a game soundtrack and write some terrible lyrics for it! – My brain isn’t working enough to come up with an awesome answer for this awesome question. Here’s a parody verse from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air for Dragon Age Inquisition that I tweeted a while ago.
The Unique Blogger Award 4.0
Thanks to That Green Dude, way back in 2018-ish!
69) You’re in trouble and need backup. Which video game character would call for help? – Lightning Farron! There’s no doubt in my mind that she has already saved my life. So if I ever need backup again, of course I’m gonna call in my shero.
70) What is your favourite fighting game? – Super Smash Bros. I enjoy the insanity with all the cute mostly-Nintendo characters. The crazy power ups are also quite fun. I really, really, really, want to see them add Lightning in the new one. If Cloud can join they fun, why not Light, eh?
71) Who is your favourite content creator on YouTube and why? – Toss up between Mr. Panda and hungrygoriya. Not only are they cool bloggers, I am also thoroughly entertained by all their professional video game related video content.
The Unique Blogger Award 4.0
Thanks to The Gaming Diaries, way back in 2018-ish!
72) If you could own one video game vehicle for your own use what would it be? – I’m playing the Mass Effect series at the moment, so definitely a Mako! Not too many armored transport vehicles can deify the laws of physics quite like that badass thing. You haven’t lived until you’ve driven a Mako up the side of generic mountain terrain.
73) In your opinion, what video game character has the best fashion sense? (I ask the most insightful questions) – Lightning Farron, of course. Her main ability is switching outfits in Lightning Returns and Square Enix has even shilled her out to do fashion marketing for a certain designer brand (better than the Cup Noodles thing at least).
74) What game do you think has the best cut scenes? – The Final Fantasy XIII trilogy has some of my favourite cutscenes so I’ll go with those three games. Surprise!
The Unique Blogger Award 5.0
Thanks to Nerd Speaker, way back in 2018-ish!
75) What did you want to be when you grew up? If you even consider yourself grown up? – I guess I’m grown up in the sense that I’m old and have to pay bills. I always wanted to be a pirate captain when I was little. My elementary school teachers were unimpressed, to say the least. Alas, I never fulfilled my dreams. Yarr… 😦
76) Name the most recent game or movie that made you want to give a standing ovation when the credits rolled. – Hellblade Senua’s Sacrifice. The ending’s message and the song choice during the credits combo was a home run in my books.
77) If you were forced to listen to the same three songs on repeat when working out at the gym, what would they be? I commonly listen to video game music when I work out. I find it gets me pumped up and motivated. These 3 tracks on repeat are perfect for a Final Fantasy inspired workout: Crazy Motorcycle Chase – Final Fantasy VII, Invisible Depths – Final Fantasy XIII-2, Otherworld – Final Fantasy X.
78) Who is your real life role model and why? – Milla Jovovich. She’s strong, beautiful, and cares about stuff. Her character Alice in the Resident Evil movies was a huge inspiration to high school me. If there was ever a Final Fantasy XIII movie made, she would play a pretty badass Lightning Farron!
79) If you could have an adult pair of cartoon jammies, which character(s) would you want on them? – Homer Simpson. He’s my favourite cartoon character and has probably had more of an influence on me than Lightning. His sarcastic humor was a critical crutch that I needed when facing all the bullying I endured while growing up. I shall leave it at that.
Sunshine Blogger Award
Thanks to Nana Marfo, way back in 2018-ish!
80) What is you favourite video game? – The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.
81) Which game character would be your big brother/sister? – Unsurprisingly, Lightning Farron. She’s the overprotective big sister this lonely only child always wanted.
82) Do you watch anime, and what’s your favourite one? – Nope, not really. I watched Pokemon and Digimon Season 1 as a kid and really enjoyed those.
83) Sonic or Mario? – It’s a gotta be Mario!
84) What is your dream Job, and why? – Lottery Winner. Doing whatever the hell I want all day with no work required? Yes, please!!
85) Favourate Sport (BlitzBall doesn’t count) – I don’t really like sports, but as a Canadian citizen I’m obligated to say hockey, eh.
86) Where do you want to go in the world the most? – My own private island in a mansion after I win the lottery.
87) First Video Game? The runner Taz-Mania on the old SNES.
88) Where do you plan to go from here for the rest of the year on your blog? – Wherever my chaotic thought patterns take me. Hopefully it’s not towards deletion again.
Sunshine Blogger Award 2.0
Thanks to Kelly of Why We Play Games, way back in 2018-ish!
89) What is the game that you play the most? – Lately, that’s been Mass Effect. I have this crazy Platinum Trophy quest going on.
90) What is your favorite gaming memory? – Recently, beating Metal Gear Solid 2 on Extreme difficulty. The false sense of achivement I got from that was amazing!
91) What is your favorite gaming series? – The Legend of Zelda, even though I don’t care for the direction that Breath of the Wild took the series.
92) What is your favorite part about gaming? – Escapism.
93) What things do you do to relax? – Listen to music is a big one. I do that a lot at work to reduce stress from deadlines and stuff.
94) What is one of your favorite articles that you have written? – I had fun recaping my recent real life trip to the USA.
95) What is your favorite part about blogging? – Interacting with cool people from around the world.
96) What is one piece of advice you would give to other bloggers? Have fun and write about what makes you happy.
Super Specific Liebster Award
Thanks to Matt of Normal Happenings, way back in 2018!
97) Ask your best friend/significant other to make an annoying animal sound. How did they react, and what animal did they imitate? – I don’t have any of those people in my life right now. What animal is silent and alone…? A panther stalking in the night. Yup. Let’s go with that!
98) *POOF* I am your barista. Order your favorite coffee shop beverage exactly as you would in real life. – Coffee. Black.
99) Do numbers have personalities in your mind? If so, tell me about the personality of the number 6. What’s it’s story? What kind of disposition does it have? – I dunno. 6 might be a little traumatized seeing how 7 8 9, you know?
100) What is your favorite movie title? Not your favorite movie, just the title, irrespective of the quality of the film. Oooo… Google told me there’s a movie called Lightning: Bolts of Destruction. I’m gonna go with that!
101) Story time! Your best friend suddenly finds themselves in the body of your least favorite animal. Craft a story of five sentences or less with this unfortunate predicament as a central plot mechanic. Bonus points if it’s the same animal they chose to imitate. – The silence is quiet… so quiet… *sobs* I’m so alone….
102) Tell me. Do Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo? – Sure. Why not?
103) Tell us about the most boring game show you could ever imagine. – All of them currently on TV. Watching other people win the money I want is so aggravating.
104) Useless Superpower Bedbug: The Return!
Which of the following useless superpowers would choose and why?
– The ability to randomly add cat meows to every song on the radio
– The ability to randomly add the Pizza Planet truck from Toy Story to even the most intense of any movie scene
– The ability to randomly add Owen Wilson saying “WOW” to any line of dialog in a video game WOW! Cool question.
105) What is the hexadecimal color code for your favorite color? #0047ab
106) On a scale of one to 15,742.58, how do you feel about these super specific questions? 13 because 13 is my favourite number.
Sunshine Blogger Award 2.0
Thanks to Red Metal of Extra Life Reviews, way back in 2018!
107) Have you ever watched a critically acclaimed show only to feel it didn’t live up to the hype? Yep. The Umbrella Academy. Watched 2 minutes of the first episode and was so bored I was done forever. Not sure why. It just didn’t click with me.
108) After truly getting into the medium and observing the many times film critics failed to see eye-to-eye with fans, I’ve come down to the conclusion that the former faction could stand to improve themselves. How do you think they should go about doing that? I think the professional critics should just give their honest opinions about movies, not looking to be edgy or start a controversy for clickbait.
109) What is the most obscure album in your collection? And album called Gold by a group named Veorra.
110) What film do you consider “So bad it’s good”? Resident Evil, all of them. I just like watching my IRL actress shero kick zombie ass.
111) What do you think the ideal length of a game should be? 10-15 hours. Less massively-side-quest-crowded open world games, please.
112) Have you ever cleared a game while traveling abroad? Not while abroad, but while flying to the other side of my country I beat Mega Man 11.
113) What is your favorite decade in films? 90s because I grew up in that decade. Young me watched many more movies than current me does.
114) What game do you feel doesn’t get enough credit? Lightning Returns. Don’t get me started on stuff…
115) What lesson do you think film fans could learn from gamers? Play more games!
116) What good work do you feel had a negative impact on its respective medium? Grand Theft Auto III. It was an amazing game but I blame it for spawning all the of open world games we’ve seen since then. Not every game needs to be an open world.
117) What bad work do you feel had a positive impact on its respective medium? Hm. I can’t really think of anything. Great question, though.
Sunshine Blogger Award 3.0
Thanks to NekoJonez, way back in March!
118) Do you think that nowadays there are too many reboots and sequels to old games instead of new IP’s? Depends. If they series is being milked into nothing, please stop with the sequels already. I always enjoy seeing a good game story continue on with good content though.
119) Can the big studio’s like Nintendo, EA, Ubisoft… make indie games? Sure! Any company can do whatever they want.
120) If one of the games you played in the past gets a HD remake, do you get excited? Would you play the remake? I would LOVE to see remakes of Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy.
121) What do you do during a grinding session? Do you do something else while grinding for resources or characters or do you focus on the game? As a former childhood RuneScape player and current Platinum Trophy addict, I’ve done my fair share of grinding. I usually let my mind wander and listen to music. It’s relaxing!
122) How do you take notes for your articles? Do you write them down on a piece of paper while playing the game? Do you record your gameplay and write down time stamps? I have an app on my phone where I record the random article ideas that strike me.
123) What are your least favorite sections in gaming? Anything that requires rapid button pressing. It hurts my hands and its hard on controllers.
124) What is something unique/fun/interesting about your hometown and/or community? Halifax, Nova Scotia is a beautiful port city with the oldest continuously operating farmer’s market in North America.
125) What’s your advice to new bloggers or even, experienced bloggers looking for advice? I think I answered this question somewhere already in this question chaos, but here it is again. Just have fun. Success cannot be measured by stats alone.
126) Can you answer this question with a wrong answer? There are no wrong questions only wrong answers.
127) Do you sometimes look back at your old(er) articles and think, if I write another article about that today, it would be totally different? Yep. My old GameSpot user blog is a prime example of how much I’ve changed over the 15 years I’ve been hanging around the internet.
Sunshine Blogger Award 4.0
Thanks to Hannie, way back in April!
128) What is the greatest weakness of your favorite video game of all time? That would the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. Its greatest weakness is that it feels really small when you play it these days.
129) What is the greatest strength of your least favorite video game of all time? My least favourite game in recent memory is the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. Its greatest strength is being a good concept… I will finish it eventually.
130) What is your personal definition of a “perfect” video game? One that’s fun to play and that I connect with, despite any flaws.
131) What is the most “perfect” video game that you have ever played? Ocarina of Time.
132) How would you rank the following media formats in order from your favorite to least favorite to consume: Video games, Books, Movies, TV Shows, Music? Video Games > Music > Books > Movies > TV Shows
133) Have you ever regretted buying a video game on day one? If so, which game and why? Yes. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. It didn’t click with me and I don’t like this direction for the series.
134) What is an indie game release that you are eagerly anticipating? Not up on all the fancy new game launches these days, but a quick Steam search showed me Stone Story RPG. The graphics are all ASCII and that looks very cool. It’s out now, but I have no idea when I’ll get around to checking it out.
135) What video game traveling party would you like to join? The Final Fantasy XIII crew. They are like my family.
136) If you had unlimited funds, talent, and technology to create any game you could ever dream of, what would you create? Final Fantasy XIII-4
137) Your favorite video game protagonist and antagonist get pitted together in a deathmatch. Who would win? That would be Lightning Farron Vs Bowser. Bowser is gonna get pwned! Also, this could actually happen if my shero ever gets added to Smash Bros.
138) What is your favorite video game genre? Action RPG
The Brotherly Sunshine Award
Thanks to Adventure Rules, way back in 2018!
139) How would you pitch your content to someone who might be reading it for the first time right now? Just me babbling about life and video games. Move along now.
140) Do you prefer beginnings or endings? Beginnings. Endings are sad. 😦
141) What video game or series do you not like, but wish you did? The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. I want to like it, internet fans, I really do… but I don’t.
142) If you could choose a character type to be in any game world (e.g. an RPG class), what would you be? A Druid from World of Warcraft. ZOMG!! Changing into different forms would be so awesome.
143) Have you ever stopped having a crush on a character you used to? What changed? Nope! I love Alistair and Liara with all of my demiromantic heart.
144) If you could revive a fallen franchise, which series would you choose? Adventure Rules stated Golden Sun in his answer, and yup, I have to agree.
145) If you had to stop being human but could choose a video game race to become, what would you choose? I’d love to stop being human! I’d choose a Night Elf from World of Warcraft. They are one with nature and can be the Druid class.
146) If you could port all of the console exclusives off of one of the big three (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft) and put them onto another console, which ones would you choose. Nintendo games on my PS4, please! Can you imagine all the fun I’d have gathering Platinum Trophies for Nintendo games???
147) Which universe from another medium (film, comics, etc) do you want as a well-executed video game? A Star Trek Voyager video game would be amazing. I could see it working really well if done in a Mass Effect style.
148) What magical item or technological marvel from a video game would you use for completely selfish purposes in real life? Lightning Farron’s gunblade. Imagine all the fun I could have with that IRL…
149) What video game quote do you bust out in normal life most often? “I control my fate!” – Lightning Farron. Its tattooed on my arm, after all.
Sunshine Blogger Award 5.0
Thanks to NekoJonez, way back in 2018!
150) At what point do you decide a certain game is good enough to write an article about? If it left me with some serious feelz I want to remember later in life.
151) How would you describe your own writing style? Sarcastic and from my feelz.
152) About what would you want to write if you weren’t allowed to write about games for a year? My life travels and coping with my drama.
153) Would you wait on the DLC release of a game before you review the game or do you review the DLC later? If the DLC game with the version of my game, I’ll review it altogether. If I bought the DLC and played it after I beat a game, I’d review that DLC separately.
154) What inspires you to come up with ideas for articles and/or events? It’s hard to say why. My brain just strikes random ideas.
155) How do you write? Do you create a draft first or just start writing? Do you write while listening to music? I just start babbling, often while listening to music.
156) Do you have hobbies and/or activities you do outside writing/gaming? Walking and attempting to be more social.
157) What game(s) are underrated or not well known enough in your opinion? Lightning Returns. It has a steep learning curve but so rewarding once you’ve figured it out.
158) Are there genres you don’t like reviewing and why? Not genres but some gaming experiences are simply hard to convey with words.
159) Would you considering writing/blogging as a job? Nope. Fun hobby is all this will ever be.
160) What you dislike doing the most when writing or publishing an article? Hitting publish and then finding a ton of mistakes.
Sunshine Blogger Award 6.0
Thanks to Red Metal of Extra Life Reviews, way back in February!
161) In which cases would you deem the manga superior to the anime on which it’s based? Alas! I don’t read manga nor watch anime.
162) Which game do you feel has the best soundtrack? Donkey Kong Country 2. Stickerbush Symphony still moves me to tears. So beautiful… sniffs.
163) What game/film/album/book did you have a particularly difficult time adding to your collection? My mint condition complete copy of the Legend of Zelda Majora’s Mask on the Nintendo 64. Thank you, eBay!
164) Do you prefer to see a film at home or in the theaters? Home. I don’t like the crowded atmosphere in movie theaters.
165) In what cases did you find yourself siding with critics over fans about a work’s quality? Final Fantasy XIII. Despite all of the fan whining, this game is highly reviewed by the critics and I agree with them.
166) In what cases did you find yourself siding with fans over critics about a work’s quality? Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze in the Wii U days. Some dude on GameSpot gave it a 6.0 for being too hard… I agreed with the fan backlash on that.
167) What is the most difficult game you’ve completed? In recent memory, Metal Gear Solid 2 on Extreme difficulty.
168) Which game series have you been following for the longest amount of time? Probably the Mario series. From early childhood until now-ish.
169) In what ways do you feel video game critics to be ahead of their film-loving counterparts? I feel video game critics are better at analyzing the multiple parts that make up a game (sound, story, graphics, gameplay, etc.). Film critics seem to focus on a specific thing.
170) How does hype factor into how you ultimately feel about a work? Not at all, anymore. I’ve been run over by the hype train too many times to care about it.
Sunshine Blogger Award 7.0
Thanks to Dreager, way back in February!
171) What’s the best meal you’ve ever eaten? Like, ever? Hm. I’ve eaten A LOT of good food in my lifetime. I’m going to go with the Chicken Ceaser pizza slice from this quaint shop in a local mall near me. One of my BFFs recently introduced me to the place.
172) What are you most looking forward to in 2019? Nothing, really. The years are all blending together these days.
173) Favorite Video Game Company? Uh, at one time I would have unquestionably said Nintendo. They’ve been disappointing me lately and I love Mass Effect a lot so… BioWare is my answer now.
174) Favorite Movie Genre? Action/Adventure/Dark Humour with as little sexy time scenes as possible.
175) How different could your blog have been? (Did you ever consider writing about something different from what you are blogging about now) I always liked babbling about video games so probably no chance of this ever being about anything else.
176) Which video game had a ton of potential, but messed it up? Breath of the Wild. The disposable nature of weapons irks me so much…
177) Who do you consider to be the strongest character of all time? Lightning Farron. Few characters can stand up against a 500-year-old demigoddess who doesn’t give af about anything except saving the people she loves.
178) What’s the last TV show you saw an episode of? BoJack Horseman and it was a while ago. Not a big TV-watcher here.
179) If you had a chance of winning 10 million dollars or losing your current assets by defeating someone at a video game of your choice would you take the gamble? I’m feeling confident as I make my way through Insanity difficulty on Mass Effect 2 so… most definitely! I don’t have many assets to lose and everything to gain.
180) What’s an invention that isn’t currently available that would make your life easier? A time machine to undo a ton of damage I accidentally did to myself..
181) Are you going to buy Pokemon Sword/Pokemon Shield? Looks cool, and I really wanna get back into Pokemon, but I doubt I’ll ever get around to it.
Sunshine Blogger Award 8.0
Thanks to MoeGamer, fairly recently for once!
182) What’s your favourite piece of media (game, book, anime etc) that you think goes underappreciated, and why do you like it so much? The video game Lightning Returns. It’s such a rewarding game and wraps up Lightning Farron’s story so beautifully. A lot of people had issues with XIII, and thus wrote off all of it’s sequels unfairly. Oh and the timer is difficult to deal with, for sure.
183) How long have you been creating things online, and how did you start? Since 2002 and it all started with a little userblog off of GameSpot.com
184) Do you share your creative work with your “real life” friends and family? If so, how do they respond? If not, why not? Not usually. A lot of people I know aren’t gamers and aren’t interested in reading my stuff so I don’t bother. My article coming out as an ace has helped me IRL, though. I’ve shown it to a few people who were curious about asexuality (I’m bad at explaining things verbally).
185) Social media: helpful or harmful? Why do you feel that way? I bounce back and forth on this one. It’s helpful sometimes when I feel alone and want friends to connect with. Harmful when it drains me and gives me excuses to avoid improving my IRL social level.
186) You’re presenting an important meeting, and you feel a horrific, probably unavoidable fart brewing. What do you do? Hold it as best I can… if all else fails, cough and run.
187) Have you done anything that has taken you out of your “comfort zone” recently? How did you handle it? Yes! I forced myself to join Toastmasters, which is a public speaking club. I’m terrible and terrified at that, but to get ahead in life I need to learn to talk.
188) How have your tastes in media changed from how they were as a child and/or teen… if they’ve changed at all? Can’t say they’ve changed all that much. I do want to revisit some old TV shows to see how adult me likes them.
189) Surprise! You have a single “save game” slot, and you somehow managed to trigger it to save right before something from your life that you want to try again. What is the thing you want to try again, what would you do differently and how do you think that might change your current life, if at all? There are a lot things from the past I want to change but nah. We are a sum of our experiences and I don’t want to go back to being that person who didn’t learn from a mistake.
190) What are some things you feel comfortable talking about now that you wouldn’t have been able to discuss when you were younger? I’m very comfortable talking about sexual attraction, and my lack thereof, these days. I think the world would be a better place if we opened up about our feelings.
191) Someone online writes something that you think is irredeemably stupid, and you’re pretty sure you have the specialist knowledge required to dismantle their argument comprehensively and grind it into dust. What do you do? Be honest! If they are a blogger buddy, politely throw in my two cents. If there are a random stranger, not worth my time to care.
192) Regrettably, the fart escaped before you were able to leave the meeting room, regardless of your intentions. It was a right old noisy ripper and it stinks. How do you handle the situation? Laugh and say everyone farts. We are seriously too uptight about natural bodily functions as a society.
Sunshine Blogger Award 9.0
Thanks to Frostilyte, also fairly recently!
193) You’ve become the leader of your country for a day. You have the power to make one item illegal for purchase for the rest of time. What do you choose and why? Alcohol. I’d run the illegal market for it after my day as leader is done. Mwahaha!
194) You will receive five million dollar (USD), but for the next year you will always feel like you have to use the washroom and won’t be able to tell the difference between a false alarm and the real deal. Do you take the money? Why or why not? Yes! Adult diapers are a thing I would not be ashamed to use in this scenario.
195) You remove the existence of an entire genre from video games | film | music | anime | television (pick one). What genre do you ax out of existence and why? Film and Romance. It’s mostly superficial BS that sets standards to high for IRL love.
196) What superpower do you want to help solve your mundane everyday problems? The ability to make money appear out of thin air. I’d be rich and happy, thus solving all my problems.
197) Many of us would like to go back in time to give our younger selves advise. Instead of doing that, what skill would you trick yourself into thinking you had so the younger you would actively pursue learning said skill? Writing. HA! Stupid younger me.
198) Toilet paper roll over, under, or pine cone? Under, but my cats destroy it either way.
199) If you could take credit for any invention and have everyone believe that you indeed created it, what would you choose and why? Cell phones. I could call in royalties from every manufacturer and be rich.
200) What is your favourite beverage with alcohol in it? If you don’t drink booze, same question sans the alcohol. Spiced rum with ginger ale! Yummy…. hic.
201) You wake up in a cold sweat. What a terrible nightmare. You were surrounded by that thing you have an irrational fear of. Then you hear a noise in the looming darkness. You turn on the lights. OH NO! IT WASN’T A DREAM!? What thing, that you have an irrational fear of, is in the room with you? Giant spiders… yikes.
202) Without looking up the answer, which of the following headlines do you think is false and why?
- Aspen man hires stuffed owl as his defence attorney
- Man allegedly assaults homeless man over cheeseburger
- Woman missing, since she got lost
- Woman allegedly assaults sandwich maker over ‘Too Many Pickles’
Humans are dumb and all of these seem like stupid things people would do.
203) You’ve decided to help combat the inevitable global climate change that will kill us all by eating vegetarian once a week. What is one new meal you’re excited to prepare and consume? Something with pasta, probably!
***The End (?)***
If anyone actually read all of that, lemme know in the comments and I’ll look into getting you a medal or something.
⚡Thanks for reading!⚡
If for some odd reason you want to read more of my posts, you can find a somewhat organized (and usually up to date) archive of my ramblings… I mean, articles here!