I’m shamelessly stealing the Mass Effect Month article series created by the always awesome Athena over on AmbiGaming in 2017 (which was the Mass Effect 10th anniversary) and turning it into one of those 30 day challenge thingys! Definitely check out Athena Veta’s great content on AmbiGaming and consider supporting her Video Game Relevancy Crusade (TM) on Patreon, if ya got a few bucks to spare.
Please Note: Enjoy… but be warned that there will be unmarked SPOILERS for all of the Mass Effect games. Read at your own risk!
Today’s Mass Effect series question: Who is your favorite character?
ZOMG! This is such a tough question. The entire Mass Effect cast (yes, even the Andromeda folks) have a special place in my heart. That being said, one can easily rise above all the others, and that my friends is none other than Liara T’Soni.
I love the badass asari with all of my heart for so many reasons including:
- She’s got badass biotic powers.
- She’s voiced by the amazing Ali Hillis. That happens to be the same voice actress as my all-time favourite video character Lightning Farron from Final Fantasy XIII.
- She helped Shepard get resurrected by turning their body over to Cerberus. Yes, this can be seen as a bad thing, but I truly believe she had the best of intentions. Twas the only way.
- She’s fiercely loyal to the bitter end and will stand by Shepard through anything, including the end of the galaxy.
- Her vast knowledge on the Protheans has saved the day on many occasions.
- She’s the Shadow Broker with agents and an information network spread across the entire galaxy.
- She’s not over sexualized like many of the asari characters in the game. Instead of dancing in strip clubs and seducing people during her Maiden stage of life, she’s using knowledge to help save all life in the galaxy.
- She’s has some of the funniest one-liners in the series, especially during the Shadow Broker DLC in Mass Effect 2. “It’s a taxi Shepard. It has a fare meter.”
- She helped the Andromeda Initiative as evidence by voice logs found in Ryder Sr.’s room.
- Most importantly of all, she’s the video game character who showed me what I want in a life partnership. By declining all of the official romance options on my first playthrough, she became my super BFF and it was the most special relationship I’ve ever experienced in a game (or ever, really).
In conclusion, I love you so much, Liara!! As unlikely as it seems, I’m holding onto hope that IRL Ellen will be able to find a super BFF life partner like you one of these days. However, I am grateful the regular BFFs in my life, and they will always have 110% of my support!
⚡Thanks for reading!⚡
If for some odd reason you want to read more of my posts, you can find a somewhat organized (and usually up to date) archive of my ramblings… I mean, articles here!