Merry Everything to all ye bloggers out there!
In the spirit of the Christmas season (which is almost here again ALREADY… wow), and brought to you in part by the awesome gaming website Later Levels, Livid Lightning is pleased to announce a festive-themed community collaboration event: Secret Blogger Santa!
Here’s how it goes down. Basically, anyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another blogger who chose to partake in this event. You have to “gift” your assigned blogger an item from a video game (or other work of fiction if they aren’t a game blogger) in the form of a blog post promoting their blog and explaining why you chose their gift. And yes, that means another blogger will be doing the same for you!
- You should write a little bio about your giftee and include links to some of their posts that you enjoyed reading.
- Explain the fictional gift (that you aren’t actually going to give them) and the reasons why you chose it.
- Don’t tell your giftee that you are their gifter before your post goes live. This would kinda kill the secret surprise element of the event, eh?
- Signups will close end of day November 29th 2019 and assignments will be given out on December 1st 2019.
- Your gift post should be scheduled to go live on December 25th 2019 at a time of your choosing.
- Livid Lightning will be posting a full gift list with links to each of the gift posts in the new year.
Additionally, each signup includes Livid Lightning Gift Insurance Coverage, at no extra cost to you! I understand that the Christmas season is a hella busy time of year for most people. If for any reason you are unable to complete your gift post, fear not! Just let me know as soon as you can and Livid Lightning will post a gift for your assignment instead.
The intent of this event is to be a fun way to promote each other in the blogging community, and maybe meet a new blogger buddy in the process! However, humans are known to cause drama and have personal issues with each other. That’s life, eh. If for some reason you have a personal problem with your assignment, just let me know and we will work something out on a case by case basis (likely the Livid Lightning Gift Insurance policy will kick in).
Are you in? If yes, awesome!! Drop a comment on this post, including your website and a way for me to directly get in touch with you (Twitter DM, Discord, email, etc) so I can secretly tell you your assignment. You can also email Livid Lightning directly if you prefer: email@example.com
Much love and happy holidays to everyone!! (Again… already… why??) 🎄
⚡Thanks for reading!⚡
If for some odd reason you want to read more of my posts, you can find a somewhat organized (and usually up to date) archive of my ramblings… I mean, articles here!